[Bucardo-general] Bucardo 5 has arrived!

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed May 18 14:57:07 UTC 2011

On 05/18/2011 10:18 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 01:05:37AM -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:
>> Unfortunately, the lack of sequence support is preventing me from
>> testing, because most of the default column values--in insert
>> operations explicitly structured to rely on them--are tied to
>> nextval('somesequence').  Is that functionality far?
>
> There is some basic support there (git head) now for sequences. Not
> very tested, so expect some bumps (and report them here please).

My attempt to add a sync (in Postgres 9.0.4) with the latest git HEAD
flamed out thusly:

CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync"
SQL statement "SELECT validate_sync('xxxxxxx_sync')"
PL/Perl function "validate_sync"
WARNING:  Issuing rollback() for database handle being DESTROY'd without
explicit disconnect() at line 122.
CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync"
SQL statement "SELECT validate_sync('xxxxxxx_sync')"
PL/Perl function "validate_sync"
Failed to add sync: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  DBD::Pg::db do
failed: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "("
LINE 15:     (SELECT b.tablename AS tn, b.txntime AS tt FROM
              ^ at line 122. at line 30.
CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync" at /usr/bin/bucardo_ctl line
5210.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC