[Bucardo-general] Bucardo 5 has arrived!

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed May 25 19:16:41 UTC 2011

On 05/25/2011 02:46 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>> Beyond that, the new sync times are really impressive;  they're at
>> about 10-12 seconds here.
>
> Hard to tell how good that is without context. What was it before?
> What exactly is the sync doing?

It's good.  The syncs I'm referring to are the ones I was complaining
about in the other recent thread:
  https://mail.endcrypt.com/pipermail/bucardo-general/2011-May/000964.html

I can tell you this: the high-volume table with which I was testing has
about 10-20 INSERTs or UPDATEs per second, typically.  With Bucardo 4,
the initial swap sync of just that table took about 8 minutes, and then
eventually ballooned out to about 45 hours.

I'm seeing master-master sync times of around 1-3 seconds for that table
now!  :)  However the mechanism has changed, the increase is literally
in orders of magnitude.  Great job!

> I think this is fixed now, it's been a little tricky getting the
> new and the old notification systems to both work smoothly.

Sweet -- I'll test shortly.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC