[Bucardo-general] bucardo_ctl upgrade doesn't create syncrun table and other problems with upgrade

Adam Wendt thelsdj at gmail.com
Wed May 25 21:43:44 UTC 2011

I'm trying to upgrade an old version of bucardo and when I run
bucardo_ctl upgrade it tries to add columns to the syncrun table which
doesn't exist. Also I tried creating it manually and dbrun didn't
exist either. Now bucardo_ctl upgrade ran but when I try to run
bucardo_ctl validate all I get:

$ bucardo_ctl validate all
Use of uninitialized value $sherd in hash element at
/usr/bin/bucardo_ctl line 8032.
Use of uninitialized value $sherd in hash element at
/usr/bin/bucardo_ctl line 8034.
Use of uninitialized value $dbs in hash element at
/usr/bin/bucardo_ctl line 8036.
Use of uninitialized value $sherd in hash element at
/usr/bin/bucardo_ctl line 8032.
Use of uninitialized value $sherd in hash element at
/usr/bin/bucardo_ctl line 8034.
Use of uninitialized value $dbs in hash element at
/usr/bin/bucardo_ctl line 8036.
Use of uninitialized value $sherd in hash element at
/usr/bin/bucardo_ctl line 8032.
Use of uninitialized value $sherd in hash element at
/usr/bin/bucardo_ctl line 8034.
Use of uninitialized value $dbs in hash element at
/usr/bin/bucardo_ctl line 8036.
Use of uninitialized value $sherd in hash element at
/usr/bin/bucardo_ctl line 8032.
Use of uninitialized value $sherd in hash element at
/usr/bin/bucardo_ctl line 8034.
Use of uninitialized value $dbs in hash element at
/usr/bin/bucardo_ctl line 8036.
Validating sync <mysyncname>...WARNING:  Use of uninitialized value
$herd in substitution (s///) at line 32.
CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync"
WARNING:  Use of uninitialized value $herd in concatenation (.) or
string at line 33.
CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync"
WARNING:  Use of uninitialized value $herd in concatenation (.) or
string at line 36.
CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync"
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  No such herd:  at line 36.
CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync" at /usr/bin/bucardo_ctl line 2071.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Adam Wendt
Ace Hosting LLC