[Bucardo-general] Having issue compiling bucardo 4.99.2-16-g30829e2

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Nov 7 22:48:35 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 09:17:06PM +0000, Jon Guidry wrote:
> Hi there -
>
> I have a CentOS 5.7 (x64) system, running postgresql 9.1, perl 5.10.0, and all the appropriate modules in place.
>
> perl Makefile.pl works fine.  No warnings.
>
> Make test threw a vstring error, which I had to edit line 10 in check_bucard_sync and put "use 5.010_000;" - that got rid of the error.
>
> However, after passing test #1,
> it throws an error about no test database being created.  Any
> idea on what I need to do to fix this?  Do I need to manually
> create this database, or is the make test supposed to take care of this?

The test is supposed to create it itself. Try setting the environment
variable BUCARDO_DEBUG to 1 and re-running the tests. Or just run
one test to avoid the noise by doing:

$ BUCARDO_DEBUG=1 prove --blib . t/20-postgres.t

Hopefully that will show you what is going wrong. You might also
see how far along it got - did it create the bucardo_test_database_*
directories, what do the pg.log files inside them say, etc.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com