[Bucardo-general] Patch: fix quoted table/index names

Sean M. Pappalardo spappalardo at renegadetech.com
Thu Nov 10 22:53:38 UTC 2011

Hello.

I'm a new Bucardo user and my databases have table names with capital
letters, accents, dashes and spaces (because they're used in the UI.)
The attached patch was necessary to allow Bucardo 4.4.7 to handle these
names when I added a sync.

I've also had many problems with the bucardo_ctl script's install
process (it's got the wrong version number, it never asks for a password
for the new role, and it doesn't handle auth type md5 very well) so had
to run the script a few times. It still said INSTALLATION FAILED () but
with nothing in the parentheses, I figured it was a bogus error since I
was able to continue.

I also couldn't get the .pgpass to work so was forced to use pass= in
the add db command.

Right now the main problem is that I ran a pushdelta sync and nothing
changed on the target! Is there a log somewhere I can look to see what
(didn't) happen?

Thanks for your time and any help you can provide.

Sincerely,
Sean M. Pappalardo
Sr. Networks Engineer
Renegade Technologies