[Bucardo-general] sync is not active

Jaime Casanova jaime at 2ndquadrant.com
Tue Nov 22 16:38:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have been trying to test bucardo but i have been having some problems...
The current one is when i try to kick an initial sync.

To test i did this:
- bucardo_ctl install
- bucardo_ctl add database mydb host=master
- bucardo_ctl add all tables herd=todos name=mydb
- bucardo_ctl add database mydb name=mydb_slave host=slave
- bucardo_ctl add sync inicial type=fullcopy source=todos targetdb=mydb_slave
- bucardo_ctl start

then

- bucardo_ctl kick inicial 0
Cannot kick sync "inicial" - are you sure it is active?

- bucardo_ctl status
Days back: 3  User: bucardo  Database: bucardo  PID of Bucardo MCP: 23070
Name    Type  State PID Last_good Time  I/U/D Last_bad Time
inicial| F   |idle |   |unknown  |     |     |unknown |

if i execute "bucardo_ctl activate inicial" it never ends (at least i
leave it all night and it did nothing)

am i missing something? any ideas what's wrong?

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación