[Bucardo-general] Bucardo stops all syncs if one node is offline

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Sep 21 19:23:19 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 03:28:12PM -0300, Gustavo Tonini wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I have a 4-node replication cluster. There are six bucardo syncs replicating
> data between node's.
> If one node become offline, Bucardo stops all syncs.
> Is there a way to fix this behavior?

Mark the offending database as 'inactive' in the bucardo.db table. The problem
is that there is no unversally agreed upon behaviour when a node goes down.
However, it's possible we could code in different solutions and allow those
to be configured, such that ones Bucardo instance acts as you want it to.

So in your case, what would you like it to do?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com