[Bucardo-general] Removing a sync, including queued deltas

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Sep 28 18:18:30 UTC 2011

> We'd like to remove a sync (of two) completely.  The sync is currently
> stopped, but the triggers still exist over on the master.  We'd like
> to do the remove in such a way that the triggers, and any queued
> deltas and track entries are deleted as well.  What's the best way
> to go about that?

There is no way to do this automatically: this is a safety feature, as
it could be a large footgun. Maybe we'll add it in some point in the
future though. :) For now, you have to manually remove the triggers*,
and the rows from bucardo_delta, bucardo_track, and bucardo_delta_targets.

* If you set the sync to ping=false and run validate_sync, it will remove
the "triggerkick" syncs, so that's one less thing.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com