[Bucardo-general] bucardo tables causing REINDEX fail

Jonathan Brinkman JB at BlackSkyTech.com
Sun Apr 8 11:51:43 UTC 2012

Greetings
For the second Sunday AM in a row my weekly REINDEX failed. It now fails
when I run the REINDEX manually.
It is due to 2 bucardo tables locked, apparently. How can I fix this so the
weekly routine succeeds?

ERROR:
postgres at client-cloud-db-1:/var/log$ psql -U postgres -d cms_main -c
'REINDEX DATABASE cms_main;'
NOTICE:  table "pg_class" was reindexed
NOTICE:  table "pg_type" was reindexed
NOTICE:  table "pg_statistic" was reindexed
NOTICE:  table "sql_features" was reindexed
NOTICE:  table "sql_implementation_info" was reindexed
NOTICE:  table "sql_languages" was reindexed
NOTICE:  table "sql_packages" was reindexed
NOTICE:  table "sql_parts" was reindexed
ERROR:  deadlock detected
DETAIL:  Process 27227 waits for AccessExclusiveLock on relation 120253675
of database 12020961; blocked by process 13177.
Process 13177 waits for RowExclusiveLock on relation 120249365 of database
12020961; blocked by process 27227.
HINT:  See server log for query details.

LOCKING TABLES:
cms_main=# select oid,relname from pg_class where oid in
(120249365,120253675);

    oid    |                     relname