[Bucardo-general] Add Sync Error

Ed Snajder ed.snajder at jivesoftware.com
Wed Apr 18 17:31:51 UTC 2012

So close!! The error related to the variable is resolved, upon adding a sync, I get a new error. I tried tearing everything down, dbs, group, herds and building back up, but it persisted:

# bucardo add sync ec2pk herd=ec2pk dbs=ec2pk
WARNING:  Issuing rollback() due to DESTROY without explicit disconnect() of DBD::Pg::db handle dbname=sbs;host=localhost;port=5435 at line 29.
CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync"
SQL statement "SELECT validate_sync('ec2pk')"
PL/Perl function "validate_sync"
Failed to add sync: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  DBD::Pg::db selectall_arrayref failed: ERROR:  relation "bucardo.bucardo_sequences" does not exist at line 784. at line 30.
CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync" at /usr/bin/bucardo line 4068.

When I saw that, I turned on full query logging on the source database to trap the sequence of creates when building the sync. It only appears to create a few tables and functions, though I don't see any errors that would suggest why it decided not to make them. It looks like it is only creating the bucardo_truncate_trigger and bucardo_truncate_trigger_log tables, and a few functions. After creating the function bucardo_purge_delta(text) function, it goes to look bucardo_sequences and dies.

I've attached the full query logs from the add sync event for reference.
Thanks!
Ed