[Bucardo-general] understanding customcode and conditional trigger execution

Ali Asad Lotia ali at anobii.com
Mon Apr 23 15:52:34 UTC 2012

Greetings All,
I'm a complete Bucardo noob and have just installed Bucardo 4.99.x/5 in
order to do Postgres to MongoDB replication. In my scenario, I need to
figure out if it is possible to replicate conditionally. The applications
writing to the source database set their application_name, I need to check
the application_name when a transaction occurs and ignore the transaction
if application_name is set to a known set of values. Are there docs beyond
what is in the wiki at
http://bucardo.org/wiki/Bucardo/tables/bucardo.customcode I'm also
wondering at what the customcode_whenrun value should be for that bit of
customcode.

Apologies in advance if this initial message is light on details, please
point out where it's lacking and I'll be glad to provide further info.

TIA,
Ali