[Bucardo-general] table syncing after type pushdelta has been set

jtkells jtkells at verizon.net
Thu Feb 9 21:11:44 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am new to Bucardo and have set up a testing replication environment.
So far everything is looking good.  I do have a question concerning
syncing a table.  The documentation states:

          If the target table is *not* empty,
          but is not identical to the source, the best way to get them
          in sync is to truncate or delete all the rows from the slave,
          and then set onetimecopy to a value of 2. (While you can do
          the same thing by simply setting it to 1, that will also copy
          over all the rows for every other table in the sync).

           To change the onetimecopy value of a sync, just run:

          bucardo_ctl update sync <syncname> onetimecopy=2

I'm a little confused about the difference between a value of 1 verses
2.  Could someone explain the difference?  Also, I will have over a
hundred tables within a schema to replicate and some of these tables
have a lot of rows (600,000+).  Is there a way to get to a sync state
without deleting all the data.  Even though this should be an
occasional task the amount of data to be copied combined with the
number of tables will have an effect on the applications on the slave
node by either having an outage window or missing data for a period of
time.

Thanking you in advance
John