[Bucardo-general] running Bucardo 4 & 5 in parallel?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Jan 19 04:45:55 UTC 2012

Hi, everybody,

I've got a nice Bucardo 4 setup, but as I'm facing adding new databases
to it, I'm thinking Bucardo 5 would be the way to go (especially one I'd
like to replicate over a WAN link).

The perl part and executable seems straightforward enough - the paths
could be specified with 'use lib' or the module could be called
Bucardo5.pm.  I could rename bucardo_ctl to bucardo5_ctl, etc.

But the bucardo database part I'm not too sure about.  Could I create a
bucardo5 database and stand a chance of things just working or should I
be thinking of searching for lots of hard-coded database names?

If there's a better way to be thinking about this, I'd like to know that
too.  At some point I'll want to move the Bucardo 4 databases over to
Bucardo 5 as well.

Thanks,
-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle