[Bucardo-general] target table trigger not fired

Will vocalster.app at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 21:51:35 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I'm investigating Bucardo as a replication option for our project. Our
objective is very simple, to copy rows over from 'publishers' to a
'subscriber'.

One thing I'd like to do is to record the time stamp when a row is
replicated over to the subscriber. I created a trigger on the table on
the subscriber, hoping when the row is inserted, the trigger would
modify the timestamp column and then the row gets inserted. When the
row is inserted into the publisher, it is NULL.

However, no matter BEFORE or AFTER trigger, the column stays NULL for
replicated rows. If I insert a row manually on the subscriber, the
trigger works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Will