[Bucardo-general] BYTEA columns not synchronized correctly

Christian Kaltepoth kaltepoth at ingenit.com
Fri Mar 2 08:24:03 UTC 2012

> I'm just going to throw something out there ...  have you checked the
> default character sets on all systems involved?  I have seen issues with
> various (not Bucardo specifically, eg I've seen it with MySQL as well)
> systems where not having the default charset has resulted in differing
> data sets that is supposed to be a 'replica' ... sometimes it is the
> data different, sometimes it is the console displaying it and the data
> is actually correct.
>
> Michelle

Dear Michelle,

thank you very much for your response. I also thought of some encoding
issue. But the two virtual machines that I'm using for testing the
replication setup are exactly the same (created from the same VM image).
So I don't think that it's related to some default encoding issue. At
least not on OS level.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Christian

 Dipl.-Inform. Christian Kaltepoth                kaltepoth at ingenit.com
 Senior Developer
 ingenit GmbH & Co. KG                       Tel. +49 (0)231 58 698-168
 Emil-Figge-Strasse 76-80                    Fax. +49 (0)231 58 698-121
 D-44227 Dortmund                                       www.ingenit.com

 Registergericht: Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRA 13 914
 Gesellschafter : Thomas Klute, Marc-Christian Schröer