[Bucardo-general] b4: what's the context of the 2-way multi-master limitation?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Fri Mar 16 17:36:52 UTC 2012

On 03/16/2012 12:37 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> You need to make sure all syncs are setup with "makedelta" on, so that
> the changes they make are recorded in the bucardo_delta table and
> other syncs can then push them onwards.

Oh, fantastic.  I get it now, thanks.  One question - in a swap sync
should both source and target makedeltas be set or only source?  The
wiki says that source must be set, but I'm missing whether that's
instead of or in addition to the target.

> There are a lot of locking and
> other issues with using b4 to do a 3-way, so I would definitely
> investigate b5 as well.

I have that scheduled for next month! :)

-Bill
--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle