[Bucardo-general] could not serialize access due to read/write

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu May 31 17:32:40 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 12:45:12PM +0200, Adam Kozłowski wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have bucardo 4.4.8 swap replication (multi-master), after upgrading
> one of DB's node to Postgres 9.1.3 I'm getting strange error.

Those are the new serialization errors. You can treat them the same
as the previous ones that looked like this:

ERROR:  could not serialize access due to concurrent update

In other words, it's an artifact of the way Bucardo tries to
be safe with your data and can be ignored if it only happens
rarely. If it happens more often, you may need to figure out
what it is conflicting with or come up with some other workarounds.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com