[Bucardo-general] More Noob Questions

David E. Wheeler david at justatheory.com
Tue Oct 2 23:20:10 UTC 2012

Fellow Bucardoans,

Getting ready to do a production Bucardo deployment with 4.99.5, but have a bunch of new questions. I will harvest answers and see them into the wiki. Thanks!

* What is the default conflict resolution handler? I crated a simple multimaster setup that worked great, but haven't had any conflicts yet. I looked at goat.standard_conflict and sync.standard_conflict, but both appear to have empty strings.

* Since there is a sync.standard_conflict, I suspect I will want to specify it at the sync level most often. How do I do that? `bucardo add sync` doesn't support a `stanard_sync` option the way `add table` does.

* What is the best practive for handling DDL changes to a database? (http://bucardo.org/wiki/Bucardo/DDL isn't much help -- let's fix that!) I assume it's something like disabling all syncs and then making changes, then re-enabling, but must one also drop and re-add tables that are modified?

Thanks!