[Bucardo-general] More Noob Questions

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Oct 3 03:48:44 UTC 2012

> * What is the default conflict resolution handler? I crated a
> simple multimaster setup that worked great, but haven't had any
> conflicts yet. I looked at goat.standard_conflict and
> sync.standard_conflict, but both appear to have empty strings.

The conflict handling is still in flux, but at the moment there
are two main strategies. First, we simply walk through the provided
list of datbases, and the first one in which any changes have occured
is declare the winner. So, if you have databases A, B, and C, you
might set your standard_conflict to 'A B C', which means that A
trumps B trumps C. The other main way is to set standard_conflict
to 'bucardo_latest'. In this mode, the last database to make any
changes to any of the tables in the sync is the winner.

That's the quick version, I will expand on this later.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com