[Bucardo-general] More Noob Questions

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Oct 4 03:19:03 UTC 2012

> * `bucardo stop` properly writes a fullstopbucardo file, but
> nothing happens as far as I can tell. I still see a bunch of
> connections in my process table. Do they only check after
> they've processed a NOTIFY event or something? How often do
> they check for the file? Might we add a way to tickle them to
> convince them to exit?

They should all exit very quickly. Not only do they check for
that file at the top of each loop, but the MCP should be
asking the CTL to exit, and the CTL should be asking the
KIDs to exit (and forcibly doing so if in the middle of a
giant COPY or DELETE). Perhaps check the log (and use the debug
log_level) for a detailed breakdown of what is happening?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com