[Bucardo-general] Error on Bucardo restart - could not open relation base?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Oct 4 20:23:50 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 03:46:50PM -0400, Jonathan Brinkman wrote:
> When I restart my bucardo 4.4.8 installation I get this error in the
> log.bucardo
> [Thu Oct  4 15:38:43 2012]  MCP Warning: Killed (line 1890): DBD::Pg::st
> execute failed: ERROR:  could not open relation base/94969737/94971367: No
> such file or directory at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/Bucardo.pm line 1890.
> It happens every time I use bucardo_ctl restart, and I've reindexed and
> vacuumed both databases. There was a DB corruption due to a power outage,
> but I thought we fixed it. We can't find any evidence of DB damage anywhere.

That's definitely a serious Postgres problem, and not a Bucardo one. Make
sure you are vac/reindexing the correct database - this looks like one
of the databases in bucardo.db being affected here. Also make sure you
reindex/vac the system tables as well. You can use those numbers to
track down the exact relation giving you the problem:

http://blog.endpoint.com/2012/02/postgres-block-error-xyz.html

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com