[Bucardo-general] Questions on `add sync` params

David E. Wheeler david at justatheory.com
Wed Oct 17 21:58:00 UTC 2012

Fellow Bucardoans,

A few questions came up for me as I wrote docs for `add sync`.

  https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo/commit/d84844dd25df26dc264a4291f98858b2632ed94d

Please help to end my ignorance! :-)

• I could find nothing done with the `limitdbs` parameter other than storage. Is it a no-op? Placeholder for future functionality?

• The `do_listent` parameter seems to be used in only a few places as an alias for the `ping` param. True?

• I could not determine what the `checktime` parameter was used for. So…what *is* it for?

• What is the `makedelta` stuff? Do users need to care about it, or use `source_makedelta` or `target_makedelta`?

• It looks as if `priority` is used for ordering in the output of `list` and a few other places, but I couldn't see it used anywhere to prioritize syncs. Have I missed it? What's this parameter for?

• The `overdue` and `expired` params appear to be no-ops. True?

• What is the `track_rates` parameter for? I see some stuff about tracking rates, but don't understand what might be tracked or why.

• It looks as if `customselect` (and `usecustomselect`) boolean is deprecated in favor of `customcols` objects, which is fine. But if folks still want to use it, where does one specify the custom select statement to actually use? Must one insert it manually into a Bucardo table somewhere? If so, should I simply not document it (it does not appear to have been documented before).

Thanks,