[Bucardo-general] End the Cutesy

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Oct 18 02:18:08 UTC 2012

(Way too busy this week to reply to everything yet, but keep the
questions and bug reports and patches coming!)

+1 for changing the names. Note that this has already partly happened: we
encourage people to do 'bucardo add table..' now instead of 'bucardo add goat..'.
Not 100% sure I like relation. It's a pretty obscure term for non-db-theory
folk, and Postgres doesn't push it very heavy on casual users. I also don't
want to paint ourselves into a corner in case we end up replicating something
someday that is not what Postgres considers a relation. But perhaps it's
not important anyway, if we keep it semi-hidden and just let people use
'table', 'sequence', 'view', etc.

> Change "herd" to "relgroup"

This is the part that really undoes the above, however. I think relgroup
does make the most sense, or at least XXgroup. Or even just 'group'.
Feel free to make the change, if you want, I don't think I will come
up with better terms and if I do, I have a commit bit as well. :)

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com