[Bucardo-general] Problem with password - fresh install

Raphael Nadeau rnadeau at eocycle.com
Thu Sep 27 13:11:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thank you Greg.  To make sure everything could work, I finally set the
password in the database "dbpass" column.  The good thing is everything
started to work perfectly.

So the next step was to make sure both bucardo and postgres could access
the file, so I setup two files directly in /etc/ with "chmod 440" and
"chown postgres:bucardo".  This way, both of them would have read access.

Now, I removed the field dbpass, change the path to the pgpass file in the
pgpass column, stop/start bucardo, and I end up with the same problem...

At least now, I have a temporary working solution so I can start testing,
but I would really like to make the pgpass work, as it seems a better/safer
approach.

Raphaël