[Bucardo-general] My locks overfloweth

Mitchell Perilstein Mitchell.Perilstein at trueposition.com
Sat Apr 13 15:07:21 UTC 2013

Hi Greg,   We haven't tried that isolation level yet but we were using
our preferred 'read uncommitted' for a while (yes we know it's supposed
to be the same as 'read committed' in pg) and that didn't seem to affect
the lock usage or the memory complaints versus serializable.

But here's a bigger hint: we just discovered last night that reducing
statement_chunk_size from 10000 to 1000 does have an impact.  It's been
running overnight so far and the lock level is holding in the hundreds,
which is fine.  This is with pg back at its defaults for
max_pred_locks_per_transaction and max_locks_per_transaction and
moderate load from our app hitting the db.

Thanks.

On 04/12/2013 11:00 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 04:15:49PM -0400, Mitchell Perilstein wrote:
>> SIReadLock
>> Any ideas appreciated.  Thanks!
> Try changing the syncs' isolation level. I assume they are all at the
> default of serializable. If that fixes the problem, we are a little
> closer to a solution. It can be changed in the bucardo db with:
>
> UPDATE sync SET isolation_level = 'repeatable read';

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipients named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender of that fact and delete the e-mail from your system.