[Bucardo-general] Syncs are aborted if one of the involved DBs is offline

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Apr 15 23:41:51 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 11:27:37AM -0400, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> > sync is performed.  All my remote nodes are slave only so it's not too
> > much of an issue that way for me, however I do have a cluster of 4
> > masters (2 east coast, 2 west cost) that should a master fail it should
> > be placed in read-only on startup whilst the DB is synced with
> > outstanding changes.  Greg, would this be possible to look at?
>
> Well, the case with one or more "targets" being down in a simple
> single-source-many-targets is fixable, and I will do that once I get
> some tuits.

Found some tuits, but the problem is deeper than it first appears. Since
we track what rows we've already replicated at the dbgroup level, we would
have to break it into per-db if we allowed "catch up". Which means lots
more rows in bucardo_track, and a higher quantity and/or more complex
queries when pulling relevant rows from bucardo_delta. I'll keep playing
with it though: the tradeoff is probably worth it.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com