[Bucardo-general] VAC and multi-multi-master

Chris Keane chris.keane at zzgi.com
Tue Apr 16 14:51:25 UTC 2013

We're running an entire network of databases which are only
intermittently connected, all replicating with a central database using
4.99.7

To accomplish, each satellite system is running its own bucardo process
with just it and the central server as the 2 dbs, and tables that need
to be distributed across the entire network are set with makedelta. This
is working well. The exception is that each satellite system is also
running a VAC process, which seems to be interfering with the deltas
created on the central db via makedelta.

The symptom is that with VAC running, you can:

  * update the central db and all satellite systems update
  * update a satellite system and the central db updates, but sometimes
    the other satellites don't update (the see a kick from the central
    db but there is no delta to apply).

Turning off VAC, the updates replicate across the entire network
reliably but of course, our delta tables are going to grow out of control.

Any suggestions before we start digging deeper?

Chris.