[Bucardo-general] Replication problems? data overwritten?

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Sun Aug 25 23:28:26 UTC 2013

eric machine wrote:
> Thanks Joshua.
>
> I have some problems here. My sync is not that consistent.
>
> 2 out of 10 when I run "bucardo status", I will see "good" status.
>
> if I try to "delete existing bucardo db" and do "bucardo install"
> again. Follow 100% same way.
>
> 8 out of 10, I will get this problem.
>
>  Name     State              Last good    Time    Last I/D    Last
> bad    Time
> ========+==================+============+=======+===========+===========+=======
>  foobar | No records found |            |       |
> |           |

> Any idea why I keep getting no records found? I can't figure out what
> went wrong.
>
> if I do "bucardo status all", this what i get.

> Sync name                : foobar
> Current state            : No records found
> Source relgroup/database : therd / dbbranch
> Tables in sync           : 937
> Status                   : Active
> Check time               : None
> Overdue time             : 00:00:00
> Expired time             : 00:00:00
> Stayalive/Kidsalive      : Yes / Yes
> Rebuild index            : No
> Autokick                 : No
> Onetimecopy              : No
> Post-copy analyze        : Yes
> Last error:              :

When running with 'AutoKick No' and having a set sync time the status
will be updated to indicate the last sync.  If there were no changes
there will be 'no records found'..  If you turn off the check time (or
set it to something like 10 minutes - like I do) and set AutoKick on you
will find that until the Checktime is elapsed with no changes your
status will always show records. (ie: if you set checktime to 10 minutes
and autokick on, check the 'state' you'll find changes are replicated
whenever there are updates to the tables, if you then wait without any
table changes for the 10 minutes, the status will be updated to 'No
records found')

Michelle

--
Michelle Sullivan