[Bucardo-general] how to dump all base tables and not bucardo triggers

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue Aug 27 21:31:11 UTC 2013

> How can I get in one file schema (create, alter) and data statements (copy)  but not bucardo triggers?

It's not easy, as you note. I think Michelle's restore-and-drop-the-bucardo-schema scheme
is the best general answer, but you can also filter out all the bucardo stuff
like so:

pg_dump --exclude-schema=bucardo -Fc > dump.sql
pg_restore -l dump.sql | grep -v bucardo > dump.list
pg_restore -L dump.list > newdump.sql

This should work because all of the bucardo objects have bucardo in their name.
And it will fail if you have any non-bucardo objects with "bucardo" in their
name. So don't do that. :)

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com