[Bucardo-general] FYI (git)

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Tue Dec 3 13:09:44 UTC 2013

Michelle Sullivan wrote:
> After updating to the git version to do the make_delta test I get the
> following:
>
> michelle at corkscrew:~$ bucardo add sync sorbsqs relgroup=queues
> dbs=sorbsmasters status=active conflict_strategy=bucardo_latest
> autokick=true checktime=00:00:05 priority=1 track_rates=true
> overdue=00:05:00 expired=00:20:00
> NOTICE:  Issuing rollback() due to DESTROY without explicit disconnect()
> of DBD::Pg::db handle dbname=sorbs;host=gauntlet.sorbs.net at line 1010.
>
> CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT validate_sync('sorbsqs')"
> Failed to add sync: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  error from Perl
> function "validate_sync": error from Perl function "validate_sync":
> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  syntax error at or near ")"
> LINE 7:             WHERE    attrelid IN () AND attnum > 0 AND NOT a...
>                                           ^ at line 1010. at line 30. at
> /usr/bin/bucardo line 4000.

On downgrading to 4.99.7 and trying again I get:

NOTICE:  Issuing rollback() due to DESTROY without explicit disconnect()
of DBD::Pg::db handle dbname=sorbs;host=gauntlet.sorbs.net at line 899.

CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT validate_sync('sorbsqs')"
Failed to add sync: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  error from Perl
function "validate_sync": error from Perl function "validate_sync":
Could not find "proxy_checkq" inside the "public" schema on database
"sorbs_gauntlet"! at line 30. at /usr/bin/bucardo line 3878.

Re-upgraded to the git repo after creating the missing tables on the
missing DB and it all worked fine..

I seem to remember previously a similar error (and never got the bottom
of the cause) ... now I know, would it be a good idea to show better
error reports?

Michelle

--
Michelle Sullivan