[Bucardo-general] Multimaster setup

Videanu Adrian videanuadrian at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 11:24:43 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I`m very new to Bucardo, and i`m trying to setup a multimaster cluster with 3 nodes. All nodes are masters.
Basically every node is on different continent, let`s say that I have :

US - United states
EU - Europe
AS - Asia.

I have created a sync with all 3 database servers as masters and it seems to work nice, but, there is always a but :), the problem is that if one of the servers is down the other two stay unsyncronized until the 3rd one is up again.
I guess that this is happening because they all are part from the same sync, and this is the normal (common sense) scenario.
The problem is that i need to have the replication working between the remaining two nodes until the 3rd is back online.
I tried to create 3 dbGroup and to add 3 syncs like this:
US - EU
US - AS

AS - EU
but it seems that i have some foreign key issues.

Is there any possible setup in order to achieve my desired setup ?

Regards,
Adrian Videanu