[Bucardo-general] another noob, tangled in multiple databases

Mitchell Perilstein Mitchell.Perilstein at trueposition.com
Thu Feb 7 16:54:58 UTC 2013

On 02/07/2013 11:13 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:37:10PM -0500, Mitchell Perilstein wrote:
>
>> If I stop bucardo and restart, I get this crash in Bucardo::validate_sync().
>>
>>      (17874) [Thu Jan 31 12:16:57 2013] MCP    Inspecting target
>> table "public.connidtable" on database "target_lg"
>>      (17874) [Thu Jan 31 12:16:57 2013] MCP Warning: Killed (line
>> 5970): DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  relation
>> "public.connidtable" does not exist at
>> /tpapp/tpdb/lib/perl5/Bucardo.pm line 5959.
> This should be fixed as of e83e2e22e79c6cf6be5912925d50e271e02a886d

Great, thank you - we'll give it a try and report back here.

>> at this point we have this, which is already wrong:
>>
>>      PID of Bucardo MCP: 17836
>>       Name      State              Last good    Time    Last I/D Last
>> bad    Time
>> =========+==================+============+=======+===========+===========+=======
>>       lg_sync | No records found |            |       | |           |
>>       sg_sync | No records found |            |       | |           |
>>
> What is wrong about this?

Uh, donno, we're still learning.  :-)    I was just reporting a
difference we observed: when we successfully install the syncs and start
the process in 4.5 (tar from the site link, not from git), "bucardo_ctl
status" immediately populates all the columns with values we expect,
reflecting the replicated db.  In 4.99.6 (also not from git) we were
seeing no replication in the db, the above "bucardo status", and the
above kill message.

Thanks again,
  - mitch

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipients named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender of that fact and delete the e-mail from your system.