[Bucardo-general] Multi-master / random off- and online

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Jan 24 08:09:03 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 05:15:42AM -0800, Chris Keane wrote:
> Thanks Greg. Would the appropriate approach to implement this be to
> set up each mobile database with it's own set of uniquely named
> syncs that just includes itself and the central database?

Yes.

> Can each single table on the central database participate in
> multiple syncs without problem?

Yes

> Do you think there would be much of a performance impact on the central
> server if each table ended up with a few hundred extra
> bucardo_kick_% triggers?

Probably not a huge one, but those might not need to be there anyway: you
can switch to a timed strategy which might be better considering that
only a certain % of the syncs will actually be "active" at any given time.

We could also look into combining all the triggerkicks into a single
function. Right now it's more of a conveinence than anything - there
is reason we couldn't have a single trigger fire off X number of
notices rather than X triggers firing a single notice. Perhaps a TODO
item.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com