[Bucardo-general] CTL Creating Too Many syncrun Rows

David E. Wheeler david at justatheory.com
Thu Jul 25 16:40:32 UTC 2013

On Jul 25, 2013, at 4:46 PM, David E. Wheeler <david at justatheory.com> wrote:

> Anyway, I’m going to deploy this change and see if the orphaned syncrun records go away. Hopefully they will. If they don’t, then I will have to try to find other places where end_syncrun() is not called but should be.

I’m tempted to add this:

    CREATE UNIQUE INDEX syncrun_sync ON syncrun(sync) WHERE ended IS NULL;

To both prevent bogus rows in the future, and to help figure out what is happening should it happen again in the future.

Should something like this go into the release schema?

Ought we to consider adding other constraints to the database?

Thanks,