[Bucardo-general] Odd 'inconsistency' after one-time-copy

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Sun Jul 28 02:18:26 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 08:15:08AM -0700, Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:
> I should have been clearer - this difference occurs immediately
> after a one-time-copy from the existing db server to an essentially
> 'blank' receiving db server. both machines are same architecture,
> disks, etc etc (AWS).

Well as mentioned the row count is what is important, but I'm curious
what it could be. Be nice if you could narrow down which tables/indexes
are different sizes. One scenario I can think of is that the master has
some nicely packed indexes via a REINDEX, while the data flowing in
to the slave is more ad-hoc. You may want to try the rebuild_index
option if you are not already. The onetimecopy docs for B5 need a
lot of love.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com