[Bucardo-general] Performance issues... (4.5.x)

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Sat May 4 15:30:46 UTC 2013

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 02:07:48PM +0200, Michelle Sullivan wrote:
>
>> INFO:  "pg_listener": moved 437 row versions, truncated 32306 to 6 pages
>>

> Wow, that would do it. Glad you were able to find the problem. I'm wondering
> what the best solution is? I've been designing Bucardo5 against newer versions
> of Postgres that do not have the pg_listener table, but maybe the VAC daemon
> should be doing some vacuuming of it for older versions?

This is my simple fix:

*/15 * * * * ( /usr/local/bin/psql -X -q -d sorbs -U pgsql -c "SELECT
bucardo.bucardo_purge_delta('10 minutes'::interval)" ;
/usr/local/bin/psql -X -q -d sorbs -U pgsql -c "VACUUM FULL ANALYSE
pg_catalog.pg_listener;" ) >/dev/null

So perhaps put it in the bucardo_purge_delta() function?  Seems you can
continually vacuum full it with no ill effects or slowdown or locking
issues so doing it every 15 minutes will un-noticable... and every day
wouldn't be an issue either...

Michelle

--
Michelle Sullivan