[Bucardo-general] Does bucardo reorder statements?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed May 8 14:50:25 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 09:38:00AM +0200, jbk wrote:
> does bucardo reorder statements??
>
> We have a db constrained which fires if two /devices /have the same IMEI.
>
> If I stop a master-master (delta) sync, swap IMEI's of two /devices
> /in the source db and start the sync, bucardo crashes due to this
> constraint. (We use standard conflict source, but that shouldn't
> matter, imho).
>
> How do we switch reordering off?

There is no reordering - Bucardo is not a statement based replication
system, but a row-based replication system. Thus, all rows that have
changed since the last time Bucardo ran are copied each time. If you
find yourself running into problems with non-PK constraints, you will
need to write an exception handler to tell Bucardo how to handle the
problem. There are some other potential solutions as well, but we'd need
to know more details of your setup to recommend anything.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com