[Bucardo-general] dropdb and bucardo

Markova, Nina Nina.Markova at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Fri Oct 18 15:04:24 UTC 2013

Thanks Greg!

So, just to confirm the steps:

1. stop bucardo
2. for eqweb database I do: pg_dump, dropdb, createdb (with-UTF8) and pg_restore - on  all 4 nodes -  slaveO, slaveS, masterO, masterS
3. start bucardo

Correct?

Nina

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Sabino Mullane [mailto:greg at endpoint.com]
Sent: October-18-13 10:40
To: Markova, Nina
Cc: bucardo-general at bucardo.org
Subject: Re: [Bucardo-general] dropdb and bucardo

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 03:41:19PM +0000, Markova, Nina wrote:
> Hello bucardians,
>
> I need to reload one of the databases for which bucardo replication is set up.
> I would like to do this with less effect on replication for other databases.
>
> Bucardo 5, CentOS, multi-master (2 masters), multi-slave (2 slaves)
>
>  Databases - webeq need a reload on all 4 servers (changing to UTF8);
> I plan to drop webeq and recreate it with UTF8 encoding.

If you are doing a pg_dump and restore, then everything should be fine - all the Bucardo tables and functions and triggers should get copied as well. Bucardo will not be confused as long as the database name is the same. I don't think you need it, but it might be best to dump it with the --oids flag.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com