[Bucardo-general] Bucardo update behavior

Jérôme Gaulin jerome at assiniemafia.com
Tue Oct 22 11:24:21 UTC 2013

Le 22 oct. 2013 à 10:23, Jérôme Gaulin <jerome at assiniemafia.com> a écrit :

> Le 22 oct. 2013 à 05:17, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg at endpoint.com> a écrit :
>
>> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 11:16:20AM +0200, Jérôme Gaulin wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> When I have a new entry in my DB on my site B (DBb) , I do not see it in my DB on my site A (DBa).
>>>
>>> The only way i have, to see this entry on DBa, is to create a another new entry on DBa. Then it replicates correctly both DB.
>>>
>>> Is it a normal behavior ?
>>
>> Sorry, but I do not understand exactly what you are asking. Can you demonstrate
>> with some commands or a sample script?
>
> I add an entry into a table of DBa or DBb with classic SQL command.
>
> Let say that my table in DBa and my table DBb are empty.
>
> DBa is the DB where bucardo is installed & configured.

Sorry, this explanation below was wrong :

> - If I add a new line ( New_Line )  in my table into DBa, i will see this line into my DBb table. That is good.
>
> - If I add a another new line ( New_Line2 ) in my table into DBb directly, i won't see this line into my DBa table. That is not good ( I guess ). In order to see this line (New_Line2) into my DBa, i have to create another new line (New_Line_2) into my DBa, which then will be replicated into DBb and then bucardo will discover that there was a previous new line (New_Line) into DBb and it will replicate it.
>
> At the end i will have New_Line and New_Line2 into both DB tables.
>
> Is it a normal behavior ?
>
> I can copy paste my configuration if needed.

Here the good one :

- If I add a new line ( New_Line )  in my table into DBa, i will see this line into my DBb table. That is good.

- If I add a another new line ( New_Line2 ) in my table into DBb directly, i won't see this line into my DBa table. That is not good ( I guess ). In order to see this line (New_Line2) into my DBa, i have to create another new line (New_Line_3) into my DBa, which then will be replicated into DBb and then bucardo will discover that there was a previous new line (New_Line2) into DBb and it will replicate it.

At the end i will have New_Line, New_Line2 and New_Line3 into both DB tables.