[Bucardo-general] Long, predictable delay in synchronization

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Fri Sep 27 18:57:12 UTC 2013

On 9/27/13 11:43 AM, Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:

>>> No, they should be independent of anything else. What made you think
>>> it is
>>> ignoring the config?
>> The logs only show sync results occurring after the vac runs. I set
>> my vac run to 5, and vac sleep to 15, but the logs still showed the
>> consistent 30 second intervals between any updates to syncs.
>>
> "bucardo reload config" is helpful to do before reporting that the
> application is ignoring one's configuration changes. :)

Throwing another datapoint out there, I not infrequently get this sort
of behavior:

postgres at MIA-BUCARDO-tru-main-dev: ~ $ bucardo reload config
Forcing Bucardo to reload the bucardo_config table
Waited, but Bucardo never confirmed the configuration reload!
postgres at MIA-BUCARDO-tru-main-dev: ~ $ bucardo set vac_sleep=15
Set "vac_sleep" to "15"
postgres at MIA-BUCARDO-tru-main-dev: ~ $ bucardo reload config
Forcing Bucardo to reload the bucardo_config table
Looks like Bucardo is not running, so there is no need to reload*
*
But bucardo is indeed happily running, /var/run/bucardo/bucardo.mcp.pid
has the correct pid in it, and there's no fullstopbucardo anywhere. Not
sure why this happens.

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com