[Bucardo-general] PG async issue

Chris Keane chris.keane at zoomius.com
Thu Apr 17 23:38:06 UTC 2014

OK, I pulled myself back to HEAD (that was a lot of updates!) onto a server
that was exhibiting this exact behaviour. On restart, no more error. So,
success!

On the downside, the pull seemed to introduce an error in the bucardo
script itself at line 753, this bit:
    if (-s $progname) {
        my $dir = dirname( readlink $progname );
        unshift @INC, $dir;
    }

I haven't looked at except to comment it out, I'll cycle back to see what
the problem is next week. Also, the syncs from this server seem to now be
glacial. I'm watching two identical clusters side by side, one with the
freshly pulled HEAD and one with the 4.9.11 from a few weeks ago. An update
to one database kicks all the right syncs in both systems and updates
occur, on the older system in about 2 seconds. On the newer system, in
about 3 minutes. The newer system also seems to get itself stuck after a
while. The log shows the kicks are still arriving but after a while the
updates get slower and slower until they stop happening. On a restart all
the updates happen without issue. I may have to revert the pull until I can
figure out what's going wrong.

Chris.

--
*Chris Keane* * Track Intelligence Inc *  +1 (650) 703 5523 (cell)