[Bucardo-general] Having problem with setting master master replication

Juned Khan jkhan6722 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 11:19:03 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I was looking for postgresql master master replication solution and finally
i found Bucard which satisfies my needs. i want to master servers and
multiple slaves for this two masters.but as of now i am trying for two
master servers.

I am trying to setup master master replication in my server for testing and
i am following below link.

http://bucardo.org/wiki/Bucardo/pgbench_example

But i am getting this error.

> root at inextrix:~#  bucardo_ctl add sync benchdelta source=alpha
> targetdb=test2 type=pushdelta
> WARNING:  Issuing rollback() due to DESTROY without explicit disconnect()
> of DBD::Pg::db handle dbname=test1;port=5432 at line 29.
> CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync"
> SQL statement "SELECT validate_sync('benchdelta')"
> PL/Perl function "validate_sync"
> Failed to add sync: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  Table
> "public.pgbench_history" must specify a primary key when using a sync of
> 'pushdelta' at line 263. at line 30.
> CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync" at /usr/local/bin/bucardo_ctl
> line 3362.

it seems its primary ley related error but i don't know how to fix this. i
have also tried to setup master master replication using below link.
http://justatheory.com/computers/databases/postgresql/bootstrap-bucardo-mulitmaster.html

but there i am getting problem with creating dbgroup

> root at juned:~# bucardo_ctl add dbgroup mydbs $PGDATABASE:source
> $PGDATABASE:source
> No matching databases found

Anyone please advice how to achieve this, if is there any other good
tutorial or documentation for this please share with me so i can give a try.

--
Thanks,
Juned Khan