[Bucardo-general] Bucardo-general Digest, Vol 82, Issue 12

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Sat Aug 2 02:23:40 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 10:10:43AM -0400, Jonathan Brinkman wrote:
> Still having this trigger-war problem.
> Seems it started when we had a database corruption on one slave server. We
> reinstalled but upgraded to postgresql 9.3.4 whereas the master uses 9.2.6
>
> Could that be the source of this?
> Also, when reinstalling bucardo, the first sync built is a pushdelta. It
> complains that the destination schema "bucardo" doesn't exist yet (it
> doesn't although it should have been built by the add sync command). Only
> when we create the 2nd sync (swap synch) does the destination's bucardo
> schema and functions/triggers get created. This has never happened before.
>
> Could we have a perl incompatibility or something else odd going on?

Very, very unlikely to be related to the Perl or the Postgres versions.

I can't make more guesses about the trigger war issue without seeing some
detailed logs or having a duplicatable test case.

As I said, we fixed a bug during Bucardo 5 development that addresed a
trigger war problem, but as far as I know Bucardo 4 never suffered
from the same problem.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com