[Bucardo-general] bucardo 5 master-master sequence odd/even?

Jonathan Brinkman jb at blackskytech.com
Thu Aug 21 15:34:28 UTC 2014

Greetings
When using bucardo4 with swap syncs we were instructed to set each side of
the swap to use dissimilar primary key ranges so that the swap would never
create a conflict. Like Master-A uses even keys and Master-B uses odd keys
(Increment 2).
Do we still need to do that with bucardo5 in a Master-Master sync?
We are seeing primary key conflicts when Master-B creates a new record and
apparently isn't having its sequence updated properly when Master-A
previously created a record (and used that primary key already).
Thanks again
Jonathan