[Bucardo-general] problem with DBI connection

Najwa Hasdi najwahasdi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 01:21:27 UTC 2014

*I'm using Bucardo 5.1.2 version.After i installed DBI-1.632,
dbixsafe,perl-5.16.DBD :: Pg module, i installed bucardo, thus the output
is like this :*
 Current connection settings:
1. Host:           localhost
2. Port:           5432
3. User:           postgres
4. Database:       postgres
5. PID directory:  /var/run/bucardo
Enter a number to change it, P to proceed, or Q to quit: p

Postgres version is: 9.3
Attempting to create and populate the bucardo database and schema
Database creation is complete

Updated configuration setting "piddir"
Installation is now complete.
If you see errors or need help, please email bucardo-general at bucardo.org

*Then, my setting in pg_hba.conf is like that, *
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            trust
host    bucardo         postgres        127.0.0.1/32            trust

*After that, when i want to run command "bucardo show all" or bucardo start
or bucardo status, the error was appear like that :*

DBI connect('dbname=bucardo','bucardo',...) failed: could not connect to
server: No such file or directory
    connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
at /usr/local/bin/bucardo line 300

*is it my installation is wrong or my configuration is wrong? and then
after i installed all of these the file log.bucardo and bucardorc file are
doesn't have. why?*

*please help me. I'm very new in this area.*