[Bucardo-general] Occasional deadlocks

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Dec 15 20:39:45 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 11:55:43AM -0800, Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:
> We're experiencing some occasional ('rare' might be the better term)
> deadlocks, which appear to be caused by Bucardo conflicting with the
> monolithic application we run that is constantly hitting the db. By
> occasional/rare I mean perhaps a few days will pass, we'll have a
> deadlock and the master process will abort/crash and restart.
> Obviously we'd prefer not to have the minute or so of downtime as
> monit discovers the outage and restarts it.

So the whole Bucardo process stops and you have an external application
that must restart it? That's not how Bucardo is designed to work,
so maybe we can work on that part of it. What version is this? If you
can send me the Bucardo logs (privately) for the time of the deadlock
and crash, that would help too.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com