[Bucardo-general] Soemthing weird....

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Thu Jan 16 14:29:49 UTC 2014

Michelle Sullivan wrote:
> Most of the changes are due to row deletes.
>
> The last thing I see which might be the biggest thing...
>
> After waiting for one of the hosts to get the changes (thinking it was
> the host lagging) I see another host getting the same changes - this
> sequential delete *IS* causing massive delays, as the deletes take
> around 2-3 hours on each server... surely they should be all at the same
> time ... or is this a duplicate transaction?

Yup confirmed... the delete process is being sent to the masters
sequentially... this is likely to be a cause of some of the performance
issues.  Surely as bucardo holds a connection to each DB independantly
it should run the deletes on the same table in parallel to all hosts in
the sync and then wait for them all to finish? before completing the
transaction - it would probably result in better performance all round..

--
Michelle Sullivan
http://www.mhix.org/