[Bucardo-general] authentication error from DBI-connect with .pgpass

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Jan 16 15:45:13 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:08:26AM +0100, Asier Azaceta wrote:
> Hi,
> My first here, so hello! ;-)

Hello and welcome

> I'm trying to set up bucardo in multi-master mode with postgres 9.2 on
> ubuntu. I'm trying the packaged version in 'trusty' which is 4.99.10-1

They packaged the beta version 10? Interesting.  /aside

> /usr/bin/bucardo, although the passwd is in the user's .pgpass and psql is
> able to connect with no problems.

Thanks - I think you are right that this is a bug. We were setting the
$bcargs->{dbpass} to '', but I think it should be undef. I've made that
change in 45d834f70cb4d37898788f4e794832d2bfa9bf99 if you want to see if
that works for you. Or jus find the first mention of "dbpass" inside the
bucardo program and change the assignment from an empty string to undef.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com