[Bucardo-general] Timeout on bucardo reload

Joshua Tolley josh at endpoint.com
Fri Mar 28 22:24:29 UTC 2014

"bucardo reload" is designed to wait until Bucardo notifies it that it's done
reloading -- but if something goes wrong, that wait could last forever. It
seems nice to have the possibility of a timeout. Would anyone complain if I
made it so the bucardo reload command can look like:

    bucardo reload syncname1 [syncname2 ...] [timeout]

... where the timeout is all numeric? Sync names can't be numeric anyway, so
it should play nicely with pre-existing arguments.

I'm thinking I'll also add an error notification, so Bucardo can tell the
reload that it ran into trouble.

--
Josh Tolley   josh at endpoint.com   801-987-0252
End Point Corporation  http://www.endpoint.com