[Bucardo-general] Timeout on bucardo reload

Joshua Tolley josh at endpoint.com
Mon Mar 31 14:30:09 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 08:27:53AM -0400, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 04:24:29PM -0600, Joshua Tolley wrote:
> > I'm thinking I'll also add an error notification, so Bucardo can tell the
> > reload that it ran into trouble.
>
> +1. Or even a more generic error notification system: in other words,
> we send a NOTIFY bucardo_exception, and perhaps parse the payload.
> I think we are far enough along in versions of Postgres that we can
> start relying on payloads a bit.

I like that. And provided it's robustly implemented, we can just have it
behave as it always has for versions that don't support payloads. Probably the
best way is to have it respond with an error notification in the payload if
payloads are allowed, and not respond at all (which is what happens currently)
if payloads aren't supported.

--
Josh Tolley   josh at endpoint.com   801-987-0252
End Point Corporation  http://www.endpoint.com